“You can’t just eat good food. You’ve got to talk about it too. And you’ve got to talk about it to somebody who understands that kind of food.” – A quote by Kurt Vonnegut that I very much relate to. It explains a great deal as to why I love sharing my passion for food and tasty discoveries.
My love affair with food is no secret. I am hungry most of the time, and when I’m not hungry, I wait till I am so I can eat again. Yep, it’s an intense and passionate relationship.
Food plays a big role in our lives. Apart from the obvious survival factor, it’s a highlight of the day for many. It’s the essence of a country and an important part of travel, culture and personal connection.
* Warning * Very appetizing words ahead and I am in no way responsible (ok, maybe just a little) for drooling and hunger of any intensity caused here on out. Go ahead, grab a snack (or three), sit back and enjoy some of these fabulous quotations about food. I’ve added few of them to pictures I’ve taken too. This post is for all us foodies and the forever famished:
2. One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. – Virginia Woolf
3. People who love to eat are always the best people. – Julia Child.
4. I am not a glutton – I am an explorer of food. – Erma Bombeck
5. One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating. – Luciano Pavarotti.
6. If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat with him… the people who give you their food give you their heart. – Cesar Chavez
7. Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos. – Don Kardong
8. I don’t cry over spilt milk, but a fallen scoop of ice cream is enough to ruin my whole day. – Terri Guillemets
10. I can’t stand people who do not take food seriously. – Oscar Wilde
11. Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate. – Alan D. Wolfelt
12. You can’t just eat good food. You’ve got to talk about it too. And you’ve got to talk about it to somebody who understands that kind of food. – Kurt Vonnegut
13. If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. – J.R.R. Tolkien
14. Life is so brief that we should not glance either too far backwards or forwards… therefore study how to fix our happiness in our glass and in our plate. – Grimod de la Reynière
15. Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. – Mark Twain
16. Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the ‘Titanic’ who waved off the dessert cart. – Erma Bombeck
18. Ordinary folk prefer familiar tastes – they’d sooner eat the same things all the time – but a gourmet would sample a fried park bench just to know how it tastes. – Walter Moers
20. The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you’re hungry again. – George Miller
21. We should look for someone to eat and drink with before looking for something to eat and drink. – Epicurus
22. You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food. – Paul Prudhomme
24. There’s nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate. – Linda Grayson
(High-five if you’re currently trying to locate a bar of chocolate. Pat yourself on the back if you’re already having some.)
26. Studies find top 3 most stressful moments in people’s lives: death, divorce, and properly pronouncing “Worcestershire sauce.” – Tony Hsieh
(I know you are trying to say it out loud right now!)
27. Cheese – milk’s leap toward immortality. – Clifton Paul Fadiman
28. Cakes are like books: There are new ones you want to read and old favorites you want to reread. – Ellen Rose
29. I’ve been on a diet for two weeks and all I’ve lost is two weeks. – Totie Fields
30. A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. – Barbara Johnson
31. All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast. – John Gunther
32. Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food. – Hippocrates
33. We are indeed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are. – Adelle Davis
34. Nothing helps scenery like bacon and eggs. – Mark Twain.
35. Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch. – Orson Well
36. Context and memory play powerful roles in all the truly great meals in one’s life. – Anthony Bourdain
37. Laughter is brightest where food is best. – Irish Proverb
38. Who eats well, lives well. – Italian Proverb
39. If it has four legs and it’s not a table, eat it. – Cantonese saying.
40. When eating fruit, remember who planted the tree; when drinking water, remember who dug the well. – Vietnamese Proverb
41. Fish, to taste right, must swim three times – in water, in butter, and in wine. – Polish Proverb
42. The belly rules the mind. – Spanish Proverb
And I end the post on that note because, well.. I’M HUNGRY!
Which is your favorite food quote? I would love to know, so do share in the comment box below!